An Un-fishing Story

08 January 2007
I wanted to go fishing yesterday. Joe wanted to take out the mountain bikes.
Let's go fishing, I said.
We have too much to do, he said. I have this and this and this and this to get done...
Let's go for a bike ride instead, he said.
Let's take the civic and the bike rack up to the stream. We'll drive to the trailhead and bike from there, I said.
No, that will take too long. I have too much to do, he said.
Well then let's take the jeep up to the stream, I said.
No, I have to replace the bushings and the pitman arm, he said. Besides, we have to get new licenses.

Needless to say, we didnt go fishing. Next weekend, he said. I have to plan these things, he said.
I try to be spontaneous. No use.
So we ended up going for a mountain bike ride. We had a lovely time out in Cheseboro and anyway, the weather wasn't really right for fishing. I'll just have to wait. Curses.

0 comments: