I only wish I could go fishing with him once more.

18 January 2007
I keep thinking, if only I could rewind and take him out fishing one more time. If only I had known about this Johns Hopkins kidney exchange. If only I had searched online for a donor. If only... It was so simple, and I just didn't think about it. I feel as though I didn't try hard enough.
There was so much I didn't know. He always wanted to teach me how to fly fish, and we never got around to it. He and I argued about everything under the sun, except fishing. We could always go fishing. And he never caught that trophy trout. There were still too many fish to catch.
I suppose I'll just have to catch them alone. At least he waited until I had a good partner to fish with to leave us. I just miss him so very much.

0 comments: