Six days.

18 May 2007
Six days left and I'm antsy. I've done nothing today except look up fishing reports, read all your blogs, and lust after trout. We're headed up to Silver in six days now. I changed plans and decided to make one rod for my mother, one for joe- and the one for my mother is nearly finished. Four good hours of work left, I'd say. It looks pretty good.
Sad to hear that Rick of Throwing Feathers in a River has called it quits and decided he's taking his talents to exclusive waters, shall we say. I did rather enjoy the blog. Hilarious at times, poignant at others, and always an interesting read.
I'll be fishing with much of my father's gear this year. Without him to tell me I'm not listening and I'm doing it all wrong. Joe said it perfectly. "I just hope that when I hook a trout, I don't start crying." I hope so too.
We're going to try to fish Rock Creek now, since we couldn't fish it last year. Now I'm regretting that I never was able to fish any of the legendary little creeks and backwater streams that my father adored so much with him. I'll have to find all the best pools on my own. It's hard to imagine.
Six days left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

I really enjoy your blog as well as some of the pictures on your site (and most of all your passion for trout)! I'm a fellow trout nut as well and will be visiting So. Cali on business. Being from Kentucky I don't know much about the area, but last time I hit Piru Creek at Frenchman's Flat. If you know of any other honey holes that you are willing to share, please drop me a line at timbros@iglou.com.

Thanks,
Tim

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.